Edinburgh - HGV Driver/General Operative - Full time
- Location: Edinburgh
Edinburgh - HGV Driver/General Operative (F/T)
The main driving duties of the role will include:
- Presenting vehicles for MOT at various authorised treatment facilities.
- The movement of vehicles between intercompany branches.
- Collecting and delivering customer vehicles for PMI, Servicing & Repairs.
- Carry out daily safety checks on vehicles and reporting or correcting any faults.
As well as the driving duties noted above the role will include other duties, such as:
- Upholding H&S procedures across the site.
- Supporting the workshop technicians with basic tasks, if and when required.
- Carrying out minor repairs on vehicles (such as changing bulbs, lenses & mirror glass).
- Assisting in ensuring vehicles are roadworthy (i.e. correcting tyre pressure, water/oil levels etc)
- General maintenance and minor repairs across the site.
- Valeting and cleaning of vehicles and equipment both new and used.
The key skills and qualities we are looking for are:
- Punctuality and reliability.
- A valid Driver CPC card.
- Current full driving licence C+E (HGV 1).
- Digital Tachograph card.
- Ability to work unsupervised and on your own initiative.
- Awareness and good understanding of Health and Safety requirements
A. M. Phillip Trucktech Ltd is one of Scotland’s leading commercial vehicle dealerships. Since our formation in 1955, A. M. Phillip has endeavoured to give the best possible service to our customers. Pursuing this ideal, we have steadily grown and developed, now offering a vast range of services for the commercial vehicle user throughout the east, central and north of Scotland.
Our Edinburgh branch is sited at East Maims Industrial Estate, Broxburn.
The basic hours are 40 per week but overtime may be required and some flexibility in this area is essential.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company in a varied and interesting role, apply in writing to: Jen Henderson A M Phillip Ltd Muiryfaulds Forfar DD8 1XP Jennifer.email@example.com