Gammies Groundcare - Service Reception / Admin Assistant
- Location: Forfar - Gammies
Gammies Groundcare Forfar (Part of A. M. Phillip) is recruiting for a Service Reception/ Admin Assistant.
Areas of responsibility:
- Meeting and greeting customers coming into the service department
- Dealing with customer’s enquiries and requests via telephone, email and at the service counter
- Making up job cards, invoicing and taking payments
- Booking in customers equipment
- Organising collections and delves via our own transport
- Building & Maintaining customer & supplier relationships
- Liaising with the parts, admin and sales departments
- Providing quotations
- Unloading and Loading lorries and trailers
- Keep Service Reception clean and tidy
At Gammies we have over 50 years of knowledge and experience supplying products and services to our customers. We specialise in supplying Horticultural and Agricultural Machinery, Spare Parts, Accessories and Service to fulfil our customer's requirements. Giving advice and making sure you have the right machine for the task you require is our prime aim and should a visit to our premises be required to do this - "No Problem".
All the equipment we supply is fully assembled and on handover to our customer we advise and instruct on the correct use and maintenance. We are always available post sale to help with any queries you may have. Aftersales support is a major part of our commitment. Our staff are trained by the manufacturers of the equipment we supply.
So, when you require service and support from us, you can expect the very best advice and support available. Our reputation is built on quality, excellent service, friendly staff, good value and a clear goal to support our customers.
The role is depot based and we would prefer someone with experience in a service reception and client customer service but may consider someone who is finishing or finished further education, who is hard working, has a good memory, a basic mechanical knowledge and a willingness to learn new skills and establish a career in this environment.
Candidates must be smartly presented, have excellent customer skills with the ability to communicate at all levels. A strong sales aptitude is important for this role. Previous recent experience as a service reception role in the Horticultural or Agricultural Machinery industry preferred but as previously stated we may consider someone if they fit the above-mentioned criteria.
- Previous service reception experience required
- Excellent organisational skills
- Computer service skills
- IT literacy
- Strong understanding of Mechanical/Automotive environment
- Computing and Microsoft Excel experience
Training will be given to the right candidate.
Successful applicants will enjoy excellent working conditions as well as a competitive remuneration package.
If you feel you have the right level of commitment and drive to deliver the highest level of service to our customers, please apply in writing or e-mail your CV to
Les Gammie, Gammies Groundcare, Station Yard, Carseview Road, Forfar, DD8 3BT Tel: 01307468556 Email: email@example.com