Our History

AM PHILLIP - THE STORY SO FAR A M Phillip Trucktech Ltd is a commercial vehicle dealer in the East and North of Scotland. The company has six commercial depots and hold a number of commercial vehicle franchises including Ford Commercial vehicles, Iveco Commercials, FIAT Professional Commercials, and as well as holding a commercial service franchise for Ford Motor Company.

The business was originally formed in 1955 by Alex Phillip as a sole trader carrying out service and repairs on agricultural and commercial vehicles. During subsequent years the business expanded with A M Phillip Ltd being formed in 1982. In 1979 we became main dealers for Fiat Trucks who then merged with Magirus Deutz to form Iveco Trucks.

In 1986 we were then awarded the Iveco Ford Truck franchise along with the Ford Transit franchise after the merger of Iveco and the Ford Motor Company Truck Division. We have continued to expand our facilities throughout the intervening years and as well as having the six commercial vehicle depots, the company also has a groundcare operation in nearby Forfar.

The primary objectives of the business are: to provide quality vehicles and services, promptly and efficiently, and to respond to Customers’ requirements, thus to build a reputation that will create new and repeat business. These objectives and their fulfillment have been at the forefront of the business philosophy from the commencement of trading and have contributed to our success to date.

  • Today

    Content