Cookies & Privacy
A "cookie" is a small text file that’s stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website.
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and enables a website to remember things about you as a returning visitor. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent advice on cookies.
Cookies – how we use them
- Provide products and services that you request and to provide a secure online environment
- Manage our marketing relationships
- Give you a better online experience and track website performance
- Help us make our website more relevant to you
- Deliver interactive services, such as: Product applications; quote tools; contact systems and call backs
- Maintain online security and protect against online fraud
- Managing our marketing relationships
If you delete cookies relating to this website we will not remember things about you, including your cookie preferences, and you will be treated as a first-time visitor the next time you visit the site.
Cookies are essential for us to provide a product or service you have requested and to provide a secure online environment.
Without cookies we are unable to provide some products or services that you might request. Other 'essential' cookies keep our website secure. Even if you say "No" to cookies on this website we'll continue to use these 'essential' cookies. You'll still be able to use most of our online services, but some things might not work as you may expect if you do not allow us to store and access cookies on your device.
These cookies make our online services easier to use and help us to understand how people use our websites.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and recognise our responsibility to hold your information securely and confidentially. Generally, we only collect personal details when you request further information about our products or services. We generally let you know at the time of collection how we will use that personal information. For details of how we process your personal information. For details of how we process your personal information, please refer to our Use of your informationpage.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 the data controller is A M Phillip Limited, Muiryfaulds, Forfar, Angus, DD8 1XP.
Information we may collect from you
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise through the contact options listed on the site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Uses made of the information
We use information collected from you through the website in the following ways:
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties (such as our franchise partners) to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data
- to notify you about changes to our service
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them
We may aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring web site usage in order to help us develop the web site and our service.
Disclosure of your information
In addition to use of your information in accordance with the Use of your information page we may use and share your information (including information about your transactions) with other members of the Group to help us and them:
- Assess financial and insurance risks
- Recover debt
- Develop customer relationships, services and systems
- Prevent and detect crime
We do not disclose your information to anyone outside the Group except
- Where we have your permission; or where we are required or permitted to do so by law; or to other companies who provide a service to us or your including analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; credit reference agencies as detailed in the Use of your information page where we may transfer rights and obligations under this agreement; in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or if substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You also have the right to withdraw consent that you may have provided us with in the past.
Access to your information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you, please write to: Data Protection Manager, A M Phillip Limited, Muiryfaulds, Forfar, Angus, DD8 1XP.